Adobe Burrito (Mobile) Cheat Sheet
In our Flex Users Group we went over setting up your computer for Adobe Burrito. The meeting videos will be posted on Youtube. Here is the cheat sheet:
Flash Builder Burrito Cheat Sheet
A. Get You Computer Ready
- Make sure you have the Java SDK on your machine – http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- Install it and set up system path – computer->properties->Advanced system settings->Environmental Variables->Edit Path (c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin). Be careful not to erase anything that is already there.
Save your path before editing it (see below):
- Go to Adobe and Install Flash Builder Burrito
- For Windows Install Drivers for Device your will test it on. Should happen when you connect your phone. If not, do it manually.Note: Your Phone needs to have Android 2.2 or 2.3 in order to install AIR and get it running. You also need an SD card.
- Download Android SDK – http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- Set Environmental Variables Path as in 2 to include android tools and platform-tools
This lets you work easily with the command line
- Create a Directory and Unzip contents into it.
- (Connect your phone and look for devices)CMD – adb devices
- Enable USB debugging – Applications-Settings-Applications-Development-USB debugging is checked and Unknown sources.
- Open cmd line type in adb devices (should show your device)
- Flash Builder Burrito will be able to to publish directly to your device
- Go to cmd and type in ddms – very useful. Can take screen shots of device. Device Screen Capture. Device File Explore.
Recap: Download Adobe Burrito, Download Anroid SDK, Download Phone USB Drivers, Set Path, Make Sure USB Debugging is set on your phone.
B. Intalling AIR on your Phone (must have AIR)
1. Easy way! Go to the Android market on your device. Find a Burrito application and download it. You will receive a message to download AIR in order to run the application. You only need to do this once.
C. Creating a Virtual Phone in your Android Emulator
- Go to cmd type in android or go to where you put your android and click on SDK Manager.
- Install it. Changes location of adb executable to your platform-tools folder
- Create a virtual device – name it AIRDevice – choose Android 2.2, Size 1024, use Defualt HVGA, Hardware – Accelerometer, Battery Support, LCD – Create AVD
Note: Each AVD is 1Gigg in size…it’s a complete JVM
- Start your AVD…takes a while to boot up, go to cmd adb devices and look at it.
- Install AIR on on your AVD
- Flash builder ships with and emulator copy of Adobe Air (Runtime.apk)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\4.5.0\runtimes\air\android\emulator\Rundtime.apk
- Navigate to in cmd cd\ then cd Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builde Burrito\sdks\4.5.0\runtimes\air\android\emulator
- dir will show that the Runtime.apk is in this director.
- Type in adb install Runtime.apk – this intalls AIR on your vitural device. Can utilize to install other apks created in Adobe AIR.
Note: To run Google App Inventor … go to http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/ for directions. Will be doing this demo while doing the various installs above.
Homework: Good AIR Phone Example to work through.